Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pancakes for the Holidays


Every year my family has a tradition for Christmas. After opening our christmas presents my dad makes red and green pancakes for breakfast.

Here is a great recipe for homemade pancakes.  It was passed down to my mom from my Great-Grandma King, my mom passed it down to me, and now I am sharing it with you!


Homemade pancakes

1 c. flour
2 tblsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg - beaten
1 c. milk
1 tsp vanilla
Mix the dry ingredients together first, then add in the rest of the ingredients.  This recipe will make about 10-12 pancakes, but if you are cooking for a BIG family like mine, you're at least going to need to double it!


 I hope you like this recipe. It is my favorite pancake. If you want to change the color all you have to do  is add your favorite food coloring. We have pink pancakes for Valentine's day, tie dye pancakes for Easter, and green booger pancakes just for fun!


Another fun idea we tried today was pouring the pancake mix into cookie cutters to make fun shapes. They take a little longer, but my baby brother loved eating a Christmas tree!




Feel free to share your favorite pancake recipe too.

Remember, you're never too little for big ideas!

8 comments:

  1. So cute! My girls will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love family traditions! Your pancakes look great. Thanks for the new recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing! I have 2 girls (ages 6 and 4) and they are going to love this! I will try it for valentines day with a heart cookie cutter! Keep up the great work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new blog! I love it! Looking forward to seeing your creations, sweet girl. :) Happy baking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the idea to use the cookie cutters!! Very cute. Also, love the colors in the pancakes. You should create a post to teach us how to make tie dye pancakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog Zada they look yummy! I will have to make them for my grandbabies.
    Keep up the GREAT BLOGGING!
    Luv the mattress lady:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zada, so glad that you are sharing this fun idea. It sure helps make special holiday memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MMMMmmmm Zada,these look delicious. I'll write the recipe down and will try it soon. Maybe when Genna and Graham Lindsey visit me the next time. I will also write down the sugar cookie recipe. I really SHOULDN'T eat too many cookies, but I won't tell anyone if you don't.
    Genna and Graham's Nana Lin (Cindi Lindsey)

    ReplyDelete